So this is something from Tracey’s Livejournal… I’ll post hers first, so you get the idea… I commented and rec’vd the Letter F 🙂
This is how it works: Comment on this entry and get a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation what the word means to you and why. I got “L”.
1. language. twofold meaning. first, i’m a grammar nazi. second, at one time (a couple years ago), i could speak 3 languages fairly fluently- french, italian, and english.
2. lou. as in ‘the lou’ or st. louis. my favorite place to be. it’s just big enough to feel urban, but small enough that i’m comfortable going anywhere. also, it’s my mother’s middle name.
3. literature. reading is life. as long as it’s not nora roberts or any serial writer like that, i’ll try anything.
4. labret. i’m a big fan of piercing. and this just happens to be the hottest piercing ever for guys. EVER.
5. license. as in, in roughly 10 months, i will be a licensed massage therapist. :)6. louisville. where my josh, my favorite boy in the world, lives. *wuvmiss*
7. lateralus. tool’s best album, in my opinion. absolute musicality. i listen to this cd constantly. it is my zen cd.
8. la cenerentola. one of the two cinderella operas i focused on in my second semester music history paper with dr. ho. rarely have i ever been more proud. i translated both operas from their original language (one french, the other italian) rather than using the translated libretti so i didn’t lose anything in translation. this was also my one and only all-nighter in college. i literally had no time to write the paper until right before it was due.
9. la traviata, la boheme, and le nozze di figaro. my 3 favorite operas. need i say more?
10. lesabre. my car. otherwise known as nana. she is a grandma car and i got her from my grandma. she is also nearly bald…she only has about half the paint remaining on her roof. still, she barrels on. nana is a tank. she’s been involved in two fender benders (neither of which was my fault, i wasn’t even driving for one) and has come out with nothing but scratches. do not cross her. she will take you down.
Okay, so mine is “F”
1. Friend… that’s what my name means… according to most sources… and that’s one of the most important things to me… friendship and being a friend… (also the most awesome sitcome EVER-Friends, that is)
2. Freedom… something I usually find in oxymoronic ways… also a pretty fun instrumental piece by Michael W. Smith…
3. Faithfulness… a quality trait that I value very highly
4. Future… something about which I am uncertain and about which I worry too much…
5. fortuitous… another word for Random… one of my favorite words
6. Friday… my favorite day of the week
7. felicity… happiness is… “They say happiness Is a thing you can’t see… A thing you can’t touch… I disagree…They say happiness is…The folly of fools…Pity for me…One of the fools…Happiness is a clear sky…Give me wings…And let me fly…Let me fly..For, happiness..Is whatever you want it…To be”
8. flibbertigibbet- (a silly, flighty, or overly talkative person)… I’m most always silly, often flighty, but rarely overly talkative… Maria is all, though 🙂
9. Frequent Flier Miles… something I wish I had so that I could travel more 😦
10. feeble… my attempt at coming up with fun “F” words