Well, I’m not sure this post is going to flow very well since it’s rather random, but here’s my reflection for the week 🙂
Okay Highs and Lows…
I’ll start on lows so I can end on a high note 🙂
1. I got pink eye… no idea how
2. I’m pretty much ready to have a break from my family for awhile
3. My dinner party did not go as well as I had anticipated
4. I couldn’t go to work on Monday (b/c of the pink eye) and was crazy busy the rest of the week
5. My class tonight lasted until 7:00 pm!!!!
1. I got to play with Ciera on Sunday
2. I got to see my college roommate, Jen Ann, and her husband, Brian, on Sunday
3. There were definately some good parts of my dinner party on Monday night
4. I had an unexpected day off and got good stuff done (room cleaned… YIPPEE!!!!! and presents wrapped)
5. I got to see the girls in my small group last night and serve with them at the Inner City Mission
6. I got to hang out with friends who love me unconditionally last night.
7. I got the stuff I needed to get done before class tonight done.
8. I got a couple of Henri Nouwen books tonight. I’m excited about that.
9. I got a fun gift from Meranda at work.
10. I got an awesome purple scarf and fun cards from B for Christmas
11. My roommate made a wonderful Christmas mix CD. I’m loving the ongs on it…
12. My roommate is also having a rough week (which would seem to be a low and it is, but) the high is how much I like that we’re for each other. My roommate sent me an email today encouraging me that I could meet my goal at the same time I was sending her an email telling her that she could make it through her day…
I’ve been more contemplative about Christmas this year than I have been in past years. And I haven’t had much time to be as contemplative as I’d like. But it really has struck me how amazing it is that God chose to take on human flesh. I’ve thought about that before in the context of Easter and his sacrifice on the cross, but I’m not sure I’ve ever contemplated how humbling it must have been to BE a human… from birth, when he had to rely on human parents for everything, through life, when he was still as finite and limited as we all are, up to his pain and suffering on the cross… It really amazes me. There’s a song on the mix that my roommate gave me by Joy Williams that talks about this infant savior idea… and I love it… I’m sad Christmas is going to be over soon… as ready as I am for family stuff to be done with for a while, I’m not ready for Christmas to be done… Charles Dickens makes note in a Christmas Carol, that you should keep Christmas in your heart all the year through. I’m not entirely certain I’m very good at that.
Well, it’s to bed now. Early morning again tomorrow… but at least not so busy… and one more day that I get to be thankful for all the blessings in my life…