But while I’m at my conference I thought I’d do a little catch up since I have some down time. (I’ll blog about my conference later after I’m able to upload some pictures, but here are some highlights: I ate Grouper… I hate fish… but I loved this :); Weather is PERFECT here! (I’m in St. Pete Beach Florida); actually having a pretty good time with my sis; actually networking with some other compliance people… we’re a bunch of nerds 🙂 )
I wanted to catch up by posting about some other things first… Beginning with New York. I know it’s been over a month now since I actually went to New York, but like I said, time and opportunity have escaped me.
I won’t put all the highlights of the trip down here because I really don’t have that much interest in doing so right now, but I did want to talk about probably the biggest thing that came out of New York for me: Prayer. On Sunday night (which also happened to be Sarah’s birthday), Jeremiah led us in our devotion and had us all pray for each other. It was absolutely amazing. We all prayed very specifically for each other. Here’s a list of why I thought it was so cool:
- I think a lot of us got out of our comfort zones. I know I definately did. I generally dislike praying outloud in a group
- We did it at the end of our trip so we got to be pretty specific about our prayers for each other
- When you’re praying for someone you get to be really honest and share honest feelings, prayers, observations, etc. without any “weirdness” associated with it…
- It’s nice to be able to say how much you care for the people you are with without it being weird
- It’s nice to hear how much people care about you without it being weird
- Because of that trip I’ve noticed a change in the way I approach prayer and my willingness to pray outloud. I actually like to do it and I’m very much more intentional about it.
- Unfortunately, it’s easy to let your past insecurities back in after the “high” and I think that’s happening a little bit with me, but I’m working on it.
Okay, past event that I want to blog on #2:
We’re doing a new thing at West Side with the Jr. High kids this summer and I’m super pumped about it. We’re also looking at changing up some things in Fuel next year and I’m excited about that as well 🙂 More on this later.
I think that’s it for right about now. There have, I know, been tons of things I could have blogged on recently, but I’ve chosen not to 🙂 My WHOLE life doesn’t need to be out there in cyberspace 🙂 I’m going to post some pictures from NYC today, and hopefully be able to blog about Florida here soon (and get some pictures loaded if I could ever remember to actually TAKE some 🙂 )
yeah, so doing the whole picture thing is hard… I’m going to try to embed a slideshow from SlideShare, but I’ve also added some new pictures to my facebook account 🙂
Andrew’s Slide Show that he made after the trip: